A comedy with tap dancing on and off the stage! 708-655-0989
This flashy 1980’s comedy play showcases eight aspiring individuals has who meet and persevere together through a beginning tap dance class in a dingy church in London’s West End. Through the class, they overcome the challenges of varied backgrounds, hopes and fears – and tangled feet attempting to performance.
SHOW DATES: MAY 11th and 12th
PRACTICES: TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY EVENINGS, SATURDAY AFTERNOONS
- Over-ample curves – and loves them!
- Larger than life, Trinidadian/Asian, wearing obvious wig, crucifix around her neck and lots of finger rings.
- Adored by her husband and family. Struggles with a teen son.
- 30 – 50.
- Hapless dancer, but has so much fun no one cares – including her.
- Neat, proper, snobbish. Gossiper who has a secret. Impeccable English accent,
- Expensive tastes in clothes (but doesn’t quite get it right).
- Immaculate hair & make-up aspiring middle-class.
- 35 – 50. A compulsive control and clean freak.
- Wants attention – ignored and ostracized by her hubby and daughter.
- Decent Dancer with a prima donna tendency.
No Acting or Tap Dancing experience necessary!
Personal and Professional Development for Teens.
Come and Learn:!
- Improv Comedy
- Stand Up Comedy
- Graphic Novel Character Sketching
- Skills Development Including: Audition monologues, physicality, projection, enunciation, stage chemistry, relationship development, and theater games.
Download Registration Forms.
Where? 20 North Ashland, LaGrange Illinois (The First Baptist Church of LaGrange)
9:30 Improv games/sign in/brief parent meeting
10:00 Scriptwriting – Ron Keaton
11:00 Directing – Christina Heckman
12:00 Sack Lunch
12:30 Your authentic voice – Sarah Herndon
1:30 Improv/Stand-up Comedy – Mike Stricker
2:30 Sketching Graphic Novel Characters – Refugio Rosales
3:30 Stage Physicality & Chemistry – Felicia Pfluger
4:30 Coping with Stress/Yoga – Donna Prenta
5:30 AUDITIONS for the Spring Show!
$35 for the day. Call 708-655-0989
Bring a sack lunch, water bottle, yoga mat/towel, and your forms from above. See you there!